Today from the Internet of Things, we bring you a voice command device from amazon.com called as Amazon Echo. It's an attractively designed speaker with in built voice-control system. It's main functions include question answering, playing music and controlling smart devices.
What is Amazon Echo?
Rated as "A Perfect 10" by ZDNet, Amazon Echo is a hands-free device designed around your voice. It consists of a 9.25-inch (23.5 cm) tall cylinder speaker with a seven-piece microphone array, speakers that include a woofer/tweeter and a remote control. With it's beam-forming technology, Echo can hear you from across the room even while music is playing. Echo is also an expertly tuned speaker that can fill any room with immersive sound.
How it Works?
Amazon Echo runs on Amazon Web Services. It connects to Alexa, a cloud-based voice service, to provide information, answer questions, play music, read the news, check sports scores or the weather, and more—instantly. All you have to do is ask. Echo begins working as soon as it detects the wake word. You can pick Alexa or Amazon as your wake word.
Echo's microphones can be manually disabled by pressing a mute button to turn off the audio processing circuit. Echo requires a Wi-Fi internet connection in order to work.
- Always be heard: The beam-forming technology of Echo allows it to hear you from any direction.
- Noise cancellation: With enhanced noise cancellation, Echo can hear you ask a question even while it's playing music.
- Just ask: Echo uses on-device keyword spotting to detect the wake word. When Echo detects the wake word, it lights up and streams audio to the cloud, where Amazaon leverages the Alexa Voice Service to recognize and respond to your request. Learn more about Echo's voice recognition.
- Getting smarter always: The more you use Echo, the more it adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences. And because Echo is always connected, updates are delivered automatically. Alexa—the brain behind Echo—is built in the cloud, so it is always getting smarter.
- Adding new skills: Amazon is Aalways adding new skills to Echo. Recently they added streaming music from Pandora, audiobooks from Audible, Google Calendar access, live sports scores and schedules, traffic reports, Amazon.com re-ordering, control of connected devices with WeMo and Philips Hue, and more.
- Advanced audio design: Echo's dual downward-firing speakers produce 360° omni-directional audio to fill the room with immersive sound. It's been fine-tuned to deliver crisp vocals with dynamic bass response.
- Hands-free voice control: It provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music, Prime Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn.
- Bluetooth enabled: Now you can stream other popular music services like Spotify and iTunes from your phone or tablet as Echo is Bluetooth enabled.
With Amazon Echo, you can switch on the lamp before getting out of bed, turn on the fan or space heater while reading in your favorite chair, or dim the lights from the couch to watch a movie—all without lifting a finger or even raising your voice.
It even works with devices such as lights and switches from Belkin WeMo and Philips Hue.
Amazon Echo App
Now you need not worry when you are away from home as you can still manage your alarms,
music, shopping lists, etc with Echo's free companion app on Fire OS, Android, iOS, and desktop browsers. You can download it from Amazon, Google play or App Store.
Get Amazon Echo today, and make your life fast and ready to be connected at all times.