Nanu is a free app that delivers free calls to everyone, everywhere even on 2G. One of the most unique feature which makes Nanu different from the rest is that nanu doesn’t need a fast network.
- This clever app allows you to make free calls on your mobile phone.
- Unlike Skype or Viber, it works on 2G and congested networks. In other words, it works anywhere your phone does. Plus nanu sounds crisper and clearer.
- It is available for both android and iOS phones.
- The new Android version has been developed specifically to overcome the multiple challenges of providing stable high quality Voice over Internet Protocol (“VoIP”) calls in the emerging markets where poor connectivity is prevalent.
- Unlike traditional VoIP apps, nanu brings VoIP to the emerging markets for the first time.
- It has the distinct advantages of mobility and cost, over existing VoIP apps even in developed markets operating in 3G and 4G.
- Available in 14 languages.
- Set to work seamlessly even at speeds as low as 6-8 kbps (as mentioned by the team during a pitch at ECHELON 2015).
How to Call With Nanu?
- Choose the right country code when you dial a number. Alternatively, go to your nanu contacts menu and tap to call.
- You need an internet connection (2G, EDGE, 3G, 4G/LTE or WiFi) when you call nanu-to-non nanu and the one you are calling doesn't need one.
- Both you and your contact need an internet connection to call nanu-to-nanu.
Nanu has developed an innovative and fun way for users to make unmetered free calls to non-nanu landline and mobile phones in 48 countries worldwide by earning free minutes when downloading 3rd party apps on Android phones.
Users can even share nanu in-app with their contacts for 20 non-nanu minutes per successful referral registration.
Growth and Expansion
Since its launch in August 2014, nanu’s growth has been exponential and nanu now boasts users in over 200 countries with particular concentration in the large emerging markets such as India, SE Asia, Middle East and South America where a low bandwidth environment such as 2G is forecast to remain prevalent.
Download this awesome app now and let's all speak freely!